Alexandra Mittermaier, M.Sc.
Office hours: on appointment
My work revolves around entrepreneurial action that transforms social deficiencies into social well-being. In particular, my research theorizes on the emergence of new social ventures as a response to others’ suffering in the context of an ongoing extended crisis. I inductively explore the phenomenon of compassion venturing, how internal processes unfold, why some forms are more effective than others, as well as the role of new social ventures’ resilience to overcome adversity. Moreover, I have a keen interest in social entrepreneurs’ motivation, opportunity recognition, and risk taking.
Technische Universität München, PhD Student at the Chair of Entrepreneurship, Prof. Dr. Dr. Holger Patzelt
10/2013 – 07/2015
Innsbruck University, M.Sc. Strategic Management
10/2009 – 09/2012
DHBW Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg, B.A. International Management
Technische Universität München, Research Assistant at the Chair of Entrepreneurship, Prof. Dr. Dr. Holger Patzelt
10/2012 – 10/2013
BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, Junior Product Manager
10/2009 – 09/2012
BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, Cooperate student
- Organizing for Hybridity: The Role of Self-Interest Motivations in Social Venture Creation. Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), 2019Boston, MA, USA mehr… BibTeX
- Organizing for hybridity: The role of self-interest motivations in social venture creation. 23. Interdisziplinäre Jahreskonferenz zu Entrepreneurship, Innovation und Mittelstand, 2019Vienna, Austria mehr… BibTeX
- New ventures' resilience to adversity: Insights from serial attacks during the German refugee crisis. 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2018Chicago, USA mehr… BibTeX
- Recognizing and developing opportunities to alleviate others' suffering - Evidence from a refugee crisis. Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), 2018Waterford, Ireland mehr… BibTeX
- Entrepreneurs' decision to exploit social entrepreneurial opportunities. Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), 2018Waterford, Ireland mehr… BibTeX
- It never rains, but it pours: New ventures responding to subsequent adverse events to alleviate suffering. CER Workshop, 2018Ghent, Belgium mehr… BibTeX
- Offering a Helping Hand: Compassion Venturing to Alleviate Suffering in the Face of a Refugee Crisis. 21. Interdisziplinäre Jahreskonferenz zu Entrepreneurship, Innovation und Mittelstand, 2017Wuppertal, Germany mehr… BibTeX
- Social Ventures, Terrorist Attacks, and the Well-Being of Refugees. Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), 2017Norman, Oklahoma, USA mehr… BibTeX
BCERC Doctoral Consortium (2017). Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
Doctoral Consortium of the ENT Division at Academy of Management Annual Meeting (2018). Chicago, USA.