Project study: Business Model Development for A Dynamic Pricing Platform in the Beauty Industry
Did you know that unused capacities due to spontaneous appointment cancellations and no-shows are a major problem for beauty and spa salons as well as for medical offices? In response, we are working on a dynamic pricing platform that matches spontaneously available appointments to potential customers. For privately paid services (e.g., in beauty and spa salons), we aim to integrate a dynamic pricing mechanism that offers services at a discounted or premium price depending on the attractiveness of the time slot. In that way, supply and demand are more optimally matched, resulting in higher profits for the service providers.
As a project student, you will get first-hand insights into the entrepreneurial process of translating an early idea into a viable business model.
More specifically, your tasks will include the following:
- Challenge and test the assumptions of our current business model
- Collect feedback through interviews and surveys with potential users and customers (i.e., hairdressers, beauty salons etc. and their customers)
- Develop suggestions for the further development of our business model based on a profound market and competitor analysis
- Attain initial stakeholder commitment
Learn more about the project study in the attached file!
- PROJECT_STUDY_v3.pdf113 K